Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Amazing love - what else shall I need

Amazing love -what else shall I need
When I look at you and you look back at me
Both so different but still so much more
To bring us together than all meaningless war

A love that is not our own
A hope that carries peace alone
The little girl's gloomy eyes
Suddenly lights up to my surprise

The boy all bored in the corner of the street
Suddenly smiles when he's had something to eat
A joy that is not our own
A faith that carries freedom alone

Could I love my neighbour's friend
When she puts his life to an end
Could I see her mirror image stare at me
See her and see me

Could I love the man in the business suit so rude
When he curses at the old man begging for food
Could I see I spent money on worthless things
See him and see what my pride brings

When I've failed to understand
You are God and I am man
Humble my heart once again
To love more than I can

When that hearts feels overwhelmed
Remind me you bring growth and amend
And I will go and plant that seed
Of Amazing love -what else shall I need

No comments: