
Concerning all the things that have been going on in Tallin, Estonia lately I read an article in Svenska Dagbladet (one of the major Swedish newspapers) by Urmas Paet, the foreign minister of Estonia. His article imposed the right question, namely "why can't the Russian state accept the independence of her former colonies?". He spoke of the conflict in a very clear and consistent way, condemning the former fiasco in Tallin and the recent one at the Estonian embassy in Russia. Still, he concluded by maintaining that Estonia is still open for dialogue. In contrast to Russia's threats of cutting off diplomatic relations I think this says something about a contry's mettle and manner. However, I was sad to read and realize that the European Union hasn't really stood up for Estonia the way it should. Let's hope it's not too late for that.


1 comment:
Russia has its head up its ass thats why. Sorry the truth hurts literally here!
Post a Comment