Sunday, April 22, 2007

Is there any hiv aid(s)?

This weekend I was enrolled in two educational course days to become an hiv/aids workshop leader. A project arranged through the Swedish YMCA-YWCA but where the real heroes behind this work are the entrepreneurs of the elaborated POV (Point Of View) project. Check out www.povproject.com for more info on that and the project itself. It'll be tough and challenging - I'm looking forward to it.

So..but what are your thoughts on hiv/aids after a weekend like this?
Well, for starters, when you hear about how this disease, a disease like hiv/aids affects the whole infrastructure of a developing country you feel there's nowhere out of this spiderweb it's made around all areas of society. It's a frightening fact that it really does weave its net across all societal structures, affecting everything and every part of life. Education, social and family life, economical sustainability and so on.

However, hiv/aids is a global problem, meaning we are all a part of the solution. If for nothing else, that's what I'd like to say I learned these two days..and hopefully I'll get to write more on this in the future as the project takes a new turn.

1 comment:

SvenJosefson said...

Nä men titta va jag hitta, det här är din blog. Fräscht.