Friday, April 6, 2007

The reason for writing here really...

Some time has past now since I first started writing here and to my offense I realized I haven't yet told you (written) about my reason for writing here in the first place. Darfur. There you have it. One word. Quite short, and I don't know about you but the day (a couple of years ago now) I heard about this short little word and its cruel connotations it awoke a long lasting shiver down my spine that hasn't gone away still. And if it does, if I wake up one morning and it has, I will be scared of myself for having become so numb.



For the sake of what's happening there still sign the petition. It's the least thing we can do. I don't know if you're aware of what's really happening there, in the western part of a beautiful country named Sudan. If you're not, I suggest you look into it.

SaveDarfur.org has a post called "Background" that's worth checking out...


And for the sake of the lives of all the hundreds of thousands of Sudanese men, women and children that seem to have ended up in the hands of bureaucratic bullshit discussions, sign the petition now and call for action.